SugarPea Designs • Guest Design #2

10.02.2020

Happy Monday!

today I'm back with my second post as a guest designer for SugarPea Designs. I fell in love with the adorable Gnome For Christmas set the moment I saw it. You can easily use it for non-holiday projects, too. I came up with this birthday card.

I started off with a turquoise A2 card base and cut a mask from masking paper using a circle die. For my planned partial stenciling, I adhered the negative cut-out over a white cardstock panel. I placed the Geo Snowflake Stencil over the circle opening of my masked off cardstock and secured it with washi tape. I blended the Distress Oxide Inks Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon through the stencil and let it dry. To add some interest, I carefully applied a thin layer of translucent embossing paste over it. Love the subtle shine and dimension of the stenciled circle.


Next, I stamped one of the gnomes and combined the gift with a little birdie from the Hey Summer set. I colored the images with Copics and fussy cut them out with scissors leaving a small white border. I added white dots with a gelly roll pen and for a bit of texture I used grey Prismacolor pencils on the gnome's beard.

I combined two of the Everyday Sentiments and stamped them onto a black cardstock strip with VersaMark ink. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Finally, I popped up the images and sentiment strip with foam tape and adhered the whole design with a piece of fun foam to my card base.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Stay tuned for next week's project!
Anja

Keine Kommentare :

 
site design by designer blogs