Hello Bluebird • April Release

16.04.2019

Hi crafty friends,

today the amazing and magical Hello Bluebird April Release will be available for purchase (7:00pm MST). You will love all these wonderful products, I'm sure!

The DT created wonderful projects during the Preview days and here are the cards I came up with.


Card 1 – Fairy Garden Stamps and Garden Friends Stamps

I'm so in love with the adorable images from the Fairy Garden and Garden Friends sets. They are beyond cute, designed to be combined and just perfect for scene building. I had a blast creating this 5x7" card.

For the background, I did some blending with Distress Oxide Inks (Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and Blueprint Sketch). I sprinkled on some water to lift the color here and there and added shimmery Nuvo "Fairy Wings" Dream Drops which I diluted with water.

I stamped many images from both stamps sets and colored them with Copics. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out. Next, I created a grass border by blending together Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide Inks and used one of the Grassy Knoll Dies.

The sentiment was stamped and white heat embossed right in the middle of the card. It was so much fun to arrange and adhere all these cute images.


Card 2 – Maverick Stamps and Sunshine Scene Die

For my second card I paired the sweet images from the Maverick set with the cloud borders from the Sunshine Scene Die which is one of two clever stand-alone scene building dies.

The stamp set comes with a fun airplane and four interchangeable critter pilots. I colored the images with Copics and used the companion dies. In the background, I did some stenciling with a Florilèges sunburst stencil and yellow Dye Inks. I added Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink to the cloud borders using a blending brush.

To frame my scene, I used a die from the Gallery Frame #1 set and cut it from Kraft cardstock. I stamped the sentiment into the cloud using blue ink for a change. I popped up the images with foam tape and finished my card by adding some wood veneer stars.


Card 3 – Unicorn Tales Stamps, Sparkles Script Stamps, After The Rain Scene Die and Magical Sparkle Words Die

Unicorns seem to be still very popular and this new Unicorn Tales set is just the cutest! The After The Rain Scene Die takes all the guesswork out of designing a magical scene.

First, I die cut all the pieces from several colors of cardstocks (frame and rainbow), patterned paper (sky background) and Bristol cardstock (cloud borders). I love how easily this scene came together!

Next, I stamped the images, colored them with Copics and used the companion dies to cut them out. I die cut the word "Sparkle" (Magical Sparkle Words Die) from glitter cardstock and combined it with a gold heat embossed Sparkle Script sentiment. To finish off my card, I embellished it with sparkling clear sequins.


Card 4 – Fly a Kite Stamps

For my final card I created a lovely summer scene with the adorable critters from the Fly a Kite set. I especially love the racoon and little mouse!

I did some soft ink blending with Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide Inks. I also added random ink splatters with a paint brush. The images were colored with Copics and cut out with the coordinating dies.

I kept the design pretty simple and white heat embossed the sentiment at the bottom of the card. Finally, I adhered two tiny white heart die-cuts.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope you got inspired and happy shopping ;-)
Anja

Keine Kommentare :

 
site design by designer blogs