Hello Bluebird • February Release • Banner Buddies

11.02.2019

Hi peeps,

a new Hello Bluebird release, jam-packed with awesome Spring and Easter goodies, is coming on Friday, February 15th. The DT will share previews each day and today we're starting with the adorable Banner Buddies.

I stamped the cute critters and pretty floral images with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and watercolored them with ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Pens. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.

To mimic a pastel spring sky in the background, I did some watercoloring with Distress Oxide Inks (Tumbled Glass, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers) on a Distress Watercolor Cardstock panel. I also added a couple of random ink splatters with a paint brush. Next, I blended together Cracked Pistachio and Lucky Clover on a strip of Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock. I sprinkled on some water to lift the color here and there. I then used one of the Grassy Knoll dies to create a grass border which I popped up with foam tape.

Included in the new release is the Vertical Banner Die. I die cut the banner from Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock and stamped the banner outline (Banner Buddies) as well as one of the Spring Banner Script sentiments in VersaMark. I heat embossed it with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I masked off the edges and did some faded ink blending with Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxides. The banner hanger was cut from Kraft cardstock.

Finally, I assembled my card. I adhered the banner, birds and the bunch of flowers with foam tape to create dimension.

Thank you so much for stopping by! See you tomorrow!
Anja

Keine Kommentare :

 
site design by designer blogs