Hello Bluebird • North Star • Happy New Year!

01.01.2019

Hello sweet friends,

I'm wishing you all a Happy New Year full of love, health, joy, friendships and creativity!

I love this beautiful, encouraging quote by the genius Stephen Hawking which goes well with the card I'm sharing today:

"Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet.
Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about
what makes the universe exist. Be curious.
And however difficult life may seem,
there is always something you can do and succeed at.

It matters that you don't just give up."


So this polar bear from the North Star set is looking at the stars spotting a gorgeous Happy New Year constellation.

I created a fun ink smooshed night sky background. Therefore, I squished the Distress Oxide Ink pads «Wilted Violet», «Hickery Smoke» and «Black Soot» on my craft mat and sprayed them with water. Then I took a piece of Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock and pressed it into the ink puddles. Before adding each new layer, I dried the panel with my heat gun. I repeated the process until I was happy with the result. I also added some small random ink splatters with a paint brush. Besides ink blending, the smooshing technique is another great use of my beloved Distress Oxides.

When everything was completely dry, I stamped and white heat embossed the «Happy New Year». I die cut the panel with one of the My Favorite Things «A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX 2» Die-namics and adhered it to a «Steel Grey» card base.

I colored the polar bear with Cool Grey Copics, used the companion die and adhered him with foam tape. To finish off my card, I added little star sequins around the sentiment.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a fabulous start to the new year!
Anja


 
site design by designer blogs