MFT 2020 Card Design Superstar • Coloring Virtuoso

20.09.2020

Good morning peeps,

The MFT 2020 Card Design Superstar Contest is almost over but I really wanted to join the fun this year. This is my entry for the Coloring Virtuoso category. 


I created an underwater scene by combining the cute Best Fins stamp set with a stenciled Distress Oxides background.

For the first ink layer, I blended Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire onto a Bristol smooth cardstock panel. I let the water fade towards the bottom where I applied Antique Linen for the sand.

Next, I positioned the Ray of Light stencil over the panel and sponged the same blue ink colors through it. I tried to create a transition between the water and the sand where I added some water reflections with the Perfect Pool Water stencil and another layer of Antique Linen and a small amount of Frayed Burlap. To create some texture, I sprinkled water droplets over the blue area to lift the color and dabbed them off with a paper towel. Over the sand, I splattered some diluted ink with a small paint brush.

Now I stamped the images in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with my beloved Copics. Since I don't own the dies, I fussy cut everything out with scissors. I adhered the images to my card with foam tape and liquid glue.

The rocks were cut with the Under The Sea Die-namics and I inked them with Pumice Stone and Black Soot Distress Oxide Inks. I stamped the sentiment onto black cardstock with VersaMark Ink, white heat embossed it and die cut it with one of the Slanted Sentiment Strips Die-namics.

Finally, I adhered a couple of clear enamel dots to mimic some bubbles. I enjoyed creating and coloring this underwater scene so much! There are so many stunning entries in this category and I'm amazed by the talent out there!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!
Anja

Keine Kommentare :

 
site design by designer blogs