MFT 2020 Card Design Superstar • Clean & Simple Genius

20.09.2020

Hi again,

so glad I was able to get another card done for the MFT 2020 Card Design Superstar Contest 😅


Here is my card for the Clean & Simple Genius category. I love CAS designs but to be honest I find them not easy to make. I paired this sweet gnome girl from the Birdie Brown Hanging with My Gnomies set with a pretty Mother's Day Bouquet floral image.

I started off with creating a stenciled background using the Oval Extraordinaire Stencil and Distress Oxide Inks in the colors Tumbled Glass and Shaded Lilac.

Next, I stamped the images (I did the floral arch twice because it fits the oval perfectly) in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copics. I cut out the flowers with the coordinating dies and did some fussy cutting for the gnome girl.

The sentiment (From the Heart set) was stamped in VersaMark Ink and I heat embossed it with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I trimmed the stenciled panel with the second largest die of the A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 2 and matted it with Coral Crush Prestige Cardstock. On my A2 card base I adhered the beautiful plaid pattern from the Spring Whimsy 6x6 Paper Pad.

Finally, I assembled my card by adhering everything with liquid glue. I made sure not to add anything else to really keep it clean and simple.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Good luck to everyone!
Anja

 
site design by designer blogs