Sunny Studio Stamps • Summer Release • Hawaiian Hibiscus

09.05.2019

Hi everyone,

spring is in full swing, but today I have a new summer card for you using the beautiful Sunny Studio Stamps Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps. Do you know how many working hours and effort went into designing these kind of layering stamps? I'm always amazed by the detailed images and it is so much fun to stamp the layers in different colors.

So here is my floral birthday card where I combined the pretty hibiscus flowers with a foiled Botanical Backdrop frame.

I put a piece of Deco Foil Turquoise Transfer Sheet by Therm o Web on cardstock using Ken Oliver's "Stick it" adhesive. Then I ran it through my die cutting machine with the floral frame die.

Next, I stamped the layered flowers and leaves (find ink colors below) and cut them out with the coordinating dies. Originally, I wanted the darkest layer to be a bright pink. First, I tried pigment ink which sits on top of the paper, but it wasn't bright enough. Then I remembered the vibrant pink embossing powder that I had in my stash for years. But as it isn't opaque, it turned out red ;-) I thought it gave a nice contrast to the first three stamped layers though and kept going.

I stamped the birthday sentiment from the Everyday Greetings set in VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it with turquoise embossing powder. Finally, I adhered the images and also added some matching crystals and enamel dots.


Dye Inks used
Hibiscus flowers: MFT Insulation Pink, Altenew Sunkissed, Orange Cream, Warm Sunshine
Leaves: Altenew Bamboo, Parrot and Olive


Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a nice day!
Anja

Keine Kommentare :

 
site design by designer blogs