DT Stempelgarten Challenge May

05.05.2019

Good morning peeps,

the new theme at the Stempelgarten Challenge is Flowers. I redid a floral card design from about 2 years ago. Most of the times, I struggle with loose and uncontrolled coloring but I remembered how fun it was to do some watercoloring with Distress Oxide Inks over a heat embossed background.


http://stempelgartenchallenge.blogspot.ch/


I white heat embossed the pretty My Favorite Things "Bundles of Blossom Background" on a sheet of Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock. First, I pressed the ink pads on my Ranger Non-stick Craft Sheet. Next, I put down a wash of clear water over the heat embossed background. I randomly applied the inks with a wet paint brush.

The Distress Oxide Ink colors I used are Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Milled Lavender, Shaded Lilac and Wilted Violet. I love how you could add layer by layer. When everything was completely dry, I cut out the panel with one of the MFT "A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 2" dies and adhered it to a card base made from MFT "Grapesicle" cardstock.

For my sentiment, I combined a white heat embossed word strip (MFT "From the Heart" stamps) with a negative die-cut (MFT "Happy Greetings" Die-namics) using a purple left-over Alcohol Ink  piece. Both were adhered with foam tape. To embellish my card, I added two matching enamel dots and a half pearl.

You will have time until May 31st, 2019 to join the Stempelgarten Challenge and this is the prize you could win:



A craft package from the Stempelgarten Online Shop with a value of CHF 20.–.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful Sunday!
Anja

Keine Kommentare :

 
site design by designer blogs