Sunny Studio Stamps • Fall/Winter Release • Retro Ornaments

22.10.2020

Hi everyone,

today I'm featuring the Retro Ornaments Stamps from another great layering stamp set. I tried to use it in a more modern way with a different color scheme. I really like non-traditional colors like pink and turquoise for Christmas.


I started off with a card base that measures 4.5" x 5.75" and also cut an extra white cardstock panel to the same size. To create a frame, I used the stitched die from the Frilly Frames Herringbone Die set. I covered the front of the card with one of the Subtle Grey Tones papers.

Next, I stamped the layered ornaments with dye inks (you can find the colors listed below). For the hanger thingies at the top, I did some heat embossing with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I used the coordinating dies to cut out the ornaments.

Of course, I needed something to attach them to, so I stamped a couple of pine tree sprigs from the Classy Christmas set in green inks mixing the shades directly on the stamp. I cut them out with the matching dies and arranged them to a cluster that stretches over the top of the card.

I attached shiny aqua strings to the ornaments and adhered them to the card background. I heat embossed the sentiment from the Surfing Santa set with Liquid Platinum as well. For some dimension, I popped up the sprigs and the white frame with foam tape. To finish off my card, I added two mirrored stars as embellishments.

Altenew Dye Inks used
pink ornament: Pinkalicious, Rubellite
turquoise ornament: Dew Drop, Aqualicious, Teal Cave
patterned ornament: Cotton Candy, Ruby Red, Galactic Stream
pine tree sprigs: Sweet Leaf, Just Green, Hunter Green
 
Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope you're having a fabulous day!
Anja

1 Kommentar :

Shelly hat gesagt…

Such a fabulous card!

 
site design by designer blogs