Homework OCC | Background Check | Day 1+3

06.08.2015

Hi everyone,

although I'm pretty busy at the moment, I didn't want to miss the current Online Card Class Background Check.


I created a card using one of the fun techniques with ink reaction shown on Day 1 by Jennifer McGuire: Distress inked background and using a baby wipe over a stencil on top.


I inked up my background with three Distress Inks: «Salty Ocean», «Peacock Feathers» and «Cracked Pistachio». Then I positioned the Hero Arts «Leaf & Flourish» stencil on top and carefully wiped a baby wipe over it to remove some of the ink. I really like this kind of bleached/washed out look.

I was inspired by Jennifer’s card design and cut my inked panel in two pieces and adhered them to my card base leaving a gap. Then I stamped my sentiment from a Simon Says Stamp stamp set with Versafine «Onyx Black» in between. The word «happy» was cut from silver glitter cardstock using a SSS die.

I link up my finished card to the Day 3 Student Gallery. If I'd like to make another card for this class I will have to hurry because it will end pretty soon ;-)

Thank you so much for stopping by!


1 Kommentar :

Tracy hat gesagt…

What an awesome effect! It's almost like tie-dye or batik. Beautiful Anja. Hugs!

 
site design by designer blogs