MFT Card Design Superstar Contest Innovation Master

21.09.2017

Hi crafty peeps,

Yippie! I'm so glad that I managed to make a final card for the My Favorite Things 2017 Card Design Superstar contest.

https://www.mftstamps.com/blog/you-could-be-a-2017-card-design-superstar/

I had this idea of a fun fold card in my head for a couple of days and wasn't sure how to realize it. I wanted to create a card with a little surprise inside, so when the recipient opens it, there would be something special. I picked the adorable Birdie Brown «Happy Hippos» stamp set which is perfect for Birthday/Celebration cards.

At first, I decorated the front of my card. The patterned paper is from the «Sweet Celebration» 6x6 Paper Pack and I added a petrol «Stitched Square Scallop Frame» die-cut on top. I stamped the hippo and the balloons as well as the little birdie and colored them with Copics. The sentiment was stamped in VersaFine «Onyx Black» and I cut a banner with one of the «Stitched Sentiment Strips» Die-namics. I used lots of foam tape to adhere my card elements. I decorated the card front with enamel dots and covered the balloons with Glossy Accents.

For the inside part, I scored a piece of peachy cardstock in a Zig-zag fold. I left it blank, so I'd be able to add some handwritten birthday wishes later. To create the heart window, I placed the die («Heart Full of Love TRANSFORM-ables» Die-namics) right into the middle of the cardstock.

I stamped the inside of the plum card base with the «Tiny Stars Background» in VersaMark and heat embossed it with sparkly WOW! «Frozen Berries» Embossing Glitter. Next, I fixed the peach cardstock to the card inside by only adhering the two outside flaps. I fit in two further cute colored hippos behind the heart window.

So this is what it looks like, when you open the card (it wasn't easy to take an accurate photo):

It almost looks like your sneaking into a secret birthday party ;-)

Here's a little close-up:


Although this isn't the most innovative card *giggle*, I really enjoyed creating it. Thank you MFT for challenging us with this wonderful contest! I love to see all the wonderful creations everybody made. Keeping my fingers crossed and wishing good luck to everyone.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have an awesome day!
Anja

Keine Kommentare :

 
site design by designer blogs