MFT Camp Create Day 1: Inlaid Made Easy

18.08.2017

Hi peeps,

I'm happy that the My Favorite Things Camp Create is back again with fun techniques and lots of inspiration.


The craft for Day 1 is the Inlaid Die Cutting technique which I like because the card will be flat and mail-friendly.

https://www.mftstamps.com/blog/camp-create-august-14/

I came up with this card using MFT Die-namics only – there was no stamping and coloring involved ;-)

At first, I used the retired «Chevron Stripes» die and cut it from four different colors of cardstock. Next, I alternately adhered all the die-cuts on a piece of thin paper. The heart is from the «TRANSFORM-ables Heart Full of Love» Die-namics set which is retired, too. I carefully placed it over my chevron stripes and run it through my die cutting machine.

For the sentiment, I chose the «Hugs» from the «Words for Friends» set and cut it right out of the middle of my chevron striped heart. I also cut the word from white cardstock. With the two rounded and stitched rectangle dies from the «Blueprints 31» set, I was able to create a framed card. Therefore, I temporarily attached both of the dies with Micropore tape before die cutting them once from white and a second time from blue cardstock. I took the inner white piece and die cut the heart out of the middle.

Finally, the fun part could begin – the assembling/inlaying of all the die-cuts. I prepared a top-folding card base in the same size as the blue frame and covered the whole front with adhesive. Then I inlaid the white piece with the heart opening. Next, I inlaid my chevron heart into the negative space of the white cardstock and also added the white die-cut letters.

I love that in the end there's one layer and the card has no bulk. To finish it off, I added some matching enamel dots and Nuvo «Gloss White» Crystal Drops.

Here's the first Camp Create Badge that I've earned.
I'm also entering the current MFT Color Challenge 75.

http://www.cardchallenges.com/2017/08/mft-color-challenge-75.html

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
Anja

Keine Kommentare :

 
site design by designer blogs