DT bastel-traum.ch Challenge #54

15.06.2017

Good morning peeps,

it's the 15th of the month and this means we have a new theme over at the bastel-traum.ch Blog: we invite you to create something WATER-themed.
http://bastel-traum.blogspot.ch/ 
This challenge will run until July 15th, 8:55 am CET (Central European Time).

I made this fun birthday card by creating an underwater scene with Avery Elle products and Distress Inks.

For the ocean background, I blended together «Mermaid Lagoon», «Salty Ocean», «Blueprint Sketch» and «Faded Jeans» on Tim Holtz «Distress Watercolor Cardstock». I generously sprinkled on water droplets and dabbed them off with a paper towel.

The Avery Elle «Horizontal Stripes» die is so much fun – not only because of the striped design but it also cuts this circle window and comes with the «hooray» word die. I stamped all these adorable creatures from the «Swim Team» set and colored them with Copics. I fussy cut them out and arranged them in the circle window – a couple of images were popped up with foam tape for more dimension.

I thought it would be fun to add a balloon to my scene and the Doodlebug «Balloons Shape Sprinkles» are just perfect. I tied some string around the balloon's end and attached it behind the whale's fin so it looks like he is holding it.

For my birthday sentiment, I combined a stacked (3 layers of white cardstock and 1 layer of silver glitter cardstock) «hooray» die-cut with a silver heat embossed sentiment by Simon Says Stamp («Happy & Smile» stamp set). Finally, I applied Nuvo «Moonlight Dew» Crystal Drops which dry perfectly round and clear.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a great day!
Anja

Keine Kommentare :

 
site design by designer blogs