DT Make it Crafty CAS Challenge #1 | Tutorial

16.05.2015

Hi lovely peeps,

remember this sneak peek from a couple of days ago?


Today, I’m so excited to share with you my very first Step by Step Tutorial for the Make it Crafty CAS challenge #1. This month’s theme is «Background techniques». For my card I created an ombré background using a stencil and DIY colored embossing paste. I took some photos during the process to show you how easy it is to add some fun colorful texture to your projects.

Here are the supplies I used:


                                                  Wendi Vecchi white embossing paste
                                                  Distress Inks (Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean)
                                                  Tim Holtz «Dot Fade» stencil,
                                                  Ranger Non-stick craft sheet
                                                  Palette knife
                                                  Neenah Solar White cardstock 110 lb

Step 1
I fixed a piece of white cardstock and the stencil on top with washi tape to prevent sliding.
Off to the side, I pressed down my Distress Ink pads onto the non-stick craft sheet.


Step 2
With my palette knife I added some white embossing paste to each of the colors.


Step 3
Be sure to really mix it well to get an evenly colored paste.


Step 4
Starting from the top, I spread the paste over the stencil. I worked my way down in thirds.


Step 5
Finally, I scraped away the excess by pulling my palette knife from the top to the bottom which helps to blend the colors. I carefully removed the stencil and let my background air dry for about 20 minutes.


You could also use other kinds of inks or your re-inkers to easily color your embossing paste. What I really like is that you can change the brightness of the paste just depending on how much color you add.
Just one more tip: you’ll have to clean your work surface, palette knife and stencil immediately using a baby wipe or warm water!

Here is the completed card using the adorable «Melody» rubber stamp (colored with Copics) and the «happy» from the «Doodle Giggle Word Chipboard» set.


Please enter your CAS project using a background technique and at least ONE Make it Crafty product by the end of the month. You can find all the details HERE.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend!


4 Kommentare :

Stephanie hat gesagt…

Liebe Anja
Tolles Tutorial - vielen Dank! Embossingpaste. Ich finde sie soo genial und trotzdem stehe ich auf Kriegsfuss damit. Da gibt es immer soviel zu putzen... ;-) Dein Hintergrund ist grandios!
Herzliche Grüsse
Stéphanie

Marlene Bonetti hat gesagt…

Tolle Anleitung! Ich mag die eingefärbte Embossinpaste sehr.
Grüessli Marlene

Tracy hat gesagt…

Love stenciling and this was such a simple easy to understand tutorial. Thanks for sharing your process. Hugs!

PrinzessinN hat gesagt…

Wow, die Karte ist genial. Gefällt mir sehr gut.

Vielen Dank für die Anleitung. Ich sollte auch mehr mit meinen Schablonen arbeiten.

 
site design by designer blogs