Homework OCC | Clean and Simple 4 | Day 1

04.02.2015

Hello everyone,

Don't laugh at me, because I'm WAY BEHIND with my homework for the Online Card Class «Clean and Simple 4».

http://onlinecardclasses.com/CS4/class-info/

The lessons are already over and I really enjoyed them – there were a lot of fun techniques I would love to try.

For Day 1 I picked the technique that Jennifer McGuire was showing. She did some heat embossing with multiple powders and masking.

And this is what I came up with:


I really wanted to use a butterfly for this technique but it wasn't so easy to find a background stamp that worked well with it. At first I stamped the Hero Arts «Four Leaf Grid» background in VersaMark onto Bazzill «Taffy» cardstock. I then die-cut the «Paulina» butterfly by Simon Says Stamp from a sheet of Inkadinkado «Stamp Masking Paper» and adhered the negative carefully to the panel. I heat embossed the butterfly with «Calypso Coral» embossing powder from Stampin' Up!. The rest was done with clear embossing powder from Ranger.

Since I wasn't really happy with my embossed butterfly (the shape of the wings' tips aren't showing so well), I die-cut the smaller «Chrissy» butterfly (SSS) from vellum and adhered it on top. To embellish my card I added a matching MME enamel dot and this gorgeous «Danke» (which means «Thanks») chipboard from Create A Smile.

I don't know if I will have the time to create more cards for this class but I will surely use those techniques in the future.

Thank you so much for stopping by! See you tomorrow!


7 Kommentare :

Marlene Bonetti hat gesagt…

Wunder- wunderschön, liebe Anja!
Ich habe die Technik leider nicht so schön hinbekommen und muss noch nachsitzen, bis ich etwas zeigen kann :-)
Hab einen schönen Tag und viele Grüsse, Marlene

debs2107 hat gesagt…

Looks great! I am also taking the class and haven't had time to play around :( I really need to find some time to practice!

Shelly hat gesagt…

WOW! Stunning card! Love it!

aufspapiergebracht hat gesagt…

Eine ganz großartige Karte;)) wundervoll !!!!!!!!!!!!
Diese Technik hat es mir auch total angetan, aber bisher habe ich es noch nicht geschafft, es auch in die Tat umzusetzten.
GlG Elisabeth

Tracy hat gesagt…

Oh boy does this technique rock! That coral color really pops. You get an A+ on your homework Anja. Hugs!

Tracy hat gesagt…

Oh boy does this technique rock! That coral color really pops. You get an A+ on your homework Anja. Hugs!

Francine hat gesagt…

Mensch, diese Karte hab ich ja total verpasst!!!! Ich sehe sie erst jetzt! Wie wunderschön die nur geworden ist! Die Technik hast du total gut hingekriegt. Sieht toll aus!
GLG
Francine

 
site design by designer blogs